Ice vs Heat
Ice vs Heat treatments?
By using either ice or heat to an affected area, you will be able to help the tissue to return to a healthy state and improve the speed to recovery. To know when and how to properly use ice or heat please see the following links: How to Ice / How to use Heat.
- Increase the extensibility of soft tissue
- Remove toxins from cells
- Enhance blood flow
- Increase function of the tissue cells
- Encourage muscle relaxation
- Relieve pain
- There are two types of heat: superficial and deep
- Superficial heat treatments are surface-based.
- Deep heat treatments direct the heat toward specific inner tissues through ultrasound or by electro-current.
- Reduce bleeding in tissues
- Prevent or reduce swelling
- Reduce muscle pain and spasm
- Reduce pain by numbing area and by limiting the effects of swelling